Saturday, September 11, 2010

What would I like?

At this juncture of life I have another 27 qtrs to go for my retirement. I think I'll complete the innings if the body permits and the organization wants me to complete my term. There are question marks on both. But going by the confirmation of one of my ex-colleagues, an experienced astrologer, I'll not be able to leave the organization. That means I complete the tenure.

What thereafter?  - is the question. It's better to think of something. Else it'll be a day-crunching every day. I have got so many examples in the family and outside. So let me go on listing. We'll take a decision later.

1. work as a consultant
2. Take up another job
3. Start teaching youngsters
4. Start teaching elders/professionals
5. Join a coaching class
6. Learn playing a musical instrument
7. Join a singing class and get into classical music
8. start a small travel agency
9. Buy land, do some agriculture
10. Go round Bengal/India/The world
11. Join a religious organization
12. Join a philantropic organization
13. Join a political organization - oops sory not my cup of tea
14. Learn more and more about computers
15. Learn about communication technology
16. Learn about automobiles
17. start a restaurant
18. do a homeopathic course
19. Join a resort in an admn role
20. start a counselling service
21. Become a chef - nope, I can't smell; Food without aroma!!!
22. Try become a TV serial actor
23. Become an astrologer - Baba Hari Shankar
.......

.........

We'll keep adding to the list. But the main question is will these let me earn something? Having worked last so many years and getting a salary at month-end naturally makes me ask that question. We are so used to that month-end money that we'll be always looking for that. Any deviation will impact us. So we'll have to think of tackling that as a first step. If I cannot clear that test, most of the above items in the list will be a failure. So it seems it has to be a commercial venture. But then I need other skills to become a professional in other fields. Good - I realize that. Next question - which skills? It has to be something which fascinates me. Problem - with age, nothing seems to fascinate me. Then what?? Whatever, it has to be drastically different from what I do currently.

Please think for me and let me know periodically. We'll target deciding on something in the next 8 quarters.

Let me see how deep you can think.
Chiao.

No comments:

Post a Comment