Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Wonderful Cascading Effect

They say 'Nothing succeeds like success'. Well here is a double whammy for me. I quit smoking sometime in 2001. I wrote the story on my blog some 3 days back. And last 2 days I have not touched the sweet dish at lunch. I saw the gulab jamoons on Monday and the pastries yesterday. I preferred to look the other way. Again just like my quit smoking story I made it look so simple. And by putting up this note in front of everybody I am declaring that I have overcome my weakness for sweets.Henceforth I'll not touch sweets at the lunch table. For courtesy's sake I'll have a small piece of birthday cakes. At lunch and dinner invitations at others' places I'll have a tiny bit - again for courtesy. At home - small bits not more than twice a week.(You know I have a sweet tooth)

So what am I trying to prove? Nothing. I am just trying to limit my calorie intake.
Why is this global announcement? My way of trying to put controls on myself and as an offshoot - if anyone gets influenced by it.
What is the guarantee? I myself will come back with the violation story as and when it happens. Remember I am looking for topics to write on. So it'll be a nice story narrating the circumstances under which I had to give up - the mental tug o'war.

Luck is on my side. For once I am not asking for your wishes. Foot in mouth again? I am lovin it.
God Bless.

2 comments:

  1. Here are some of the topics that you can write about:

    a) Your take and assessment of people in corporate life after having seen them for more than 25 years now?

    b) Your thoughts on family and love life.

    c) Your thoughts on what being in 'Accounting Practice' means to you.

    d) Key people who have influenced and shaped your life, without naming them.

    e) Your thoughts on fatherhood and being father of two teenagers.

    Deepak

    ReplyDelete
  2. The next war should be lodged on afternoon snacks - stay away from samosas and matris .. eat a fruit instead .. does wonders to the calorie intake

    ReplyDelete